Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Thoughts on Renewal by Amy

This Spring has brought about a great deal of changes in my body. There have been improvements that I could not even conceive of to have as a goal. The lesson for me is to continue to seek and strive for improvement and personal development.

In general, I feel SOOO much better than I used to, that I often don’t realize I am still living with discomfort and limited movement options. It has been a struggle for me to know what to desire, what to move toward. My inspiration often comes from clients who come in fed up with a limitation, or through a session realize how much more comfortable and easy life can be. I see this process and am inspired to keep desiring something more.

Another source of inspiration has been to “just keep on keepin’ on.” I do some therapy for my body weekly, between Toning, massage and movement sessions with Peter, and self-guided therapies (breathing, essential oils, etc.). I’ve made a commitment to my health and I stick to it--some weeks better than others. Through this process of “keepin’ on,” I discover nuances about my body, pattern, and lifestyle on a daily or weekly basis. I’m able to implement mini-interventions and be proactive. I’ve found that I am actually improving as I age, and that life has much more to offer.

No comments: